Best Truck Stops USA: Missouri
We will start close to home in our first edition of Best Truck Stops USA. Here are three of the best truck stops if you are headed north, south, or further west in Missouri.
Farris Truck Stop (North)
Where: 1303 Grand Dd SE, Faucett, MO 64448
- Restaraunt has great food in big portions at very reasonable prices.
- The restaurant still allows smoking indoors, however, they do have a large non-smoking section which isn’t permeated at all by smoke.
- Very friendly, helpful staff.
- Tons of parking, always truck space available.
- Great convenience store for essentials.
Wilco Fast Break (Northwest)
Where: 887 Marion City Rd, Palmyra, MO 63461
- Restaraunt has a great breakfast.
- Plenty of parking but an open gravel lot is available for extra truck parking.
- Good assortment of snacks including fruit, vegetables, and other healthy options.
- Lower fuel prices.
- Nice, knowledgeable managers.
- Break room for truckers.
Love’s Travel Stop (West)
Where: 13945 Missouri Bottom Rd, Bridgeton, MO 63044
- Subway and Wendy’s fast food choices.
- Nice, big showers — they give you two towels.
- Tire shop.
- New, built in 2015.
- Spacious parking lot.
Joplin 44 Petro (Southeast)
Where: 4240 MO-43, Joplin, MO 64804
- Iron Skillet restaurant has great food and a very nice staff.
- Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Caribou Coffee and close to McDonald’s.
- Big, clean bathroom stalls.
- The convenience store has a large variety of items including movies, audiobooks, vintage children’s toys, fun knick knacks, and more.
- Lots of truck parking.
- Great source for trucker supplies.
- Laundry mat.
- Trucker’s lounge with a large TV.
- Barber shop.
- Chrome shop.
- Very clean showers.
Bear in mind that, as with anything, cleanliness and standard of service vary with the staff that is on duty. This guide is a roundup of the best-reviewed truck stops overall.