ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR CDL LICENSE TRAINING
At Apex CDL Institute, it is not only our job to provide you with CDL training to obtain your Class A CDL, but it is also our job to ensure you become a successful truck driver with a strong start on the career path in the truck driving industry . We want you to succeed, so our advisers will teach you the ins and outs of the truck driving industry and how to operate a commercial truck. The first step in that process is to determine a student’s ability to benefit from our CDL training. In other words, can the student get a job? Is this career choice the right path? Our goal is to provide job placement to every student that attends our Kansas City-area course program. Therefore, in order to qualify for our CDL License training, you must meet our CDL requirements for enrollment.
CDL REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT TRAINING:
- Must be 21 years or older
- Need to have been licensed for the past three years within the United States and possess a valid operator license from your home state.
- Must have the basic fundamental skills to read, write and speak the English language as per F.M.C.S.R.
- Must be able to understand highway traffic signs and signals
- Must be able to make entries on reports and records
- Must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States or have a current valid VISA or work permit to work in the United States
- Must have original or certified copy of birth certificate to get permit from DMV
- Must obtain a seven year MVR with no convictions in the past 3 years of any of the following: DUI, refusal to take a chemical test, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or careless/reckless driving
- No more than one DUI in the past 5 years or two DUI’s in a lifetime without getting a pre-hire letter from a carrier first
- All students will be required to take and pass a DOT physical and drug test (per § 391.41: Physical qualifications for drivers) prior to enrollment.
Learn More About Apex’s CDL License Training Options
You deserve a rewarding career in truck driving. If you want to learn more about CDL requirements and CDL training eligibility, we can help. We will teach you the skills you need in order to pass both Class A CDL learners permit and Class A CDL skills test, so that you may get your Class A license from either the state of Kansas or Missouri. We take pride in launching profitable, stable careers with comprehensive CDL training. With us you will become a great truck driver. To learn more about our CDL enrollment process and whether Apex CDL training is right for you, call (913) 585-1120.