The trucking industry is becoming more and more technical. We’re not just talking about automated trucking. Truck drivers rely on their smartphones and mobile apps to help them plan routes, log miles and find a place to sleep. Here are some mobile apps that will make your life on the road a little easier.
Smart Apps for a Mobile Industry
Last year, a survey found that over 50% access the web on their mobile phones every day. Smartphones are revolutionizing the way that truck drivers are doing business. Download some of these apps to see if they make your life any easier today!
Mobile Apps for Truckers
- Weather Channel. This app should be on everyone’s phones. Stay one step ahead of the Mother Nature and be prepared for any storms on your route.
- DriveWyze. This app will save you and your wallet by letting you zip by weigh stations. Your carrier safety score can work for you to let you avoid scales in various states.
- GasBuddy. Tired of buying fuel at one station only to find a better price down the road? This app will tell you where to find fueling stations with low prices!
- Waze. This easy-to-use app warns you about upcoming obstacles, makes recommendations for alternate routes, and helps you find the cheapest gas in your area.
- TransFlo Mobile+. Make your life easier with an app that keeps track of all your documents, signatures, loads, statements, and more! You can also track your hours and improve efficiency.
- Audible. We discussed great podcasts for truck drivers, but audiobooks work just as well! Stay entertained for hours by listening to your favorite author.
- iExit. This interstate exit guide will tell you when to get off to find the best hotel, fuel, and restaurants. It will keep you updated with the next 100 exits on your route, so you’ll never miss an exit again!
- Lose It! Losing weight and staying fit on the road is tough, so consider this app to help you track your weight and make goals for healthy eating.