Apex CDL is proud to be in Kansas City, one of the most popular cities in the Midwest. We know that Kansas and Missouri are more than just flyover states – they are part of a great region rich in history and culture. If you’re looking for the full tourist experience while you’re waiting to head out with your next load, try some of these must-see sites!
Top Sights to See in the Midwest
Route 66 runs through the Midwest, perfect for any traveling history buffs. While you travel along the sacred byway, enjoy the warm hospitality from folks who are proud to call this region home.
- Route 66 Hall of Fame and Museum
- Lou Mitchell’s Restaurant and Bakery
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum
- Historic Dodge City
- Cosmosphere – Hutchinson
- Lawrence, KS
- Meramec Caverns
- Munger Moss Hotel
- Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park – Lesterville
- American Royal World Series of Barbecue (seasonal)
- Badlands National Park – Rapid City
- Buffalo Roundup at Custer State Park
- Crazy Horse Memorial – Black Hills
- The Henry Ford – Dearborn
- Isle Royale National Park – Copper Harbor
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore – Traverse City
These state fairs are the biggest in the Midwest, in terms of attendance. See for yourself what makes these fairs so fantastic.
- Iowa State Fair – Des Moines. Can’t miss: 1,000+ pound Big Boar. (August)
- Indiana State Fair – Indianapolis. Can’t miss: Legendary grandstand performances. (August)
- Minnesota State Fair – Saint Paul. Can’t miss: beer gelato and shrimp dogs (Labor Day)
- Ohio State Fair – Columbus. Can’t miss: 60+ rides for kids of all ages. (Late July-Early August)
- Wisconsin State Fair – West Allis. Can’t miss: Famous cream puffs, sold since 1924. (August)
Run out of places to see? Keep checking back for more updates to our Top Sites to See series that will cover region by region on the Apex CDL Blog.